Affiliate Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links. By clicking on these links and making a purchase, I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Discovering Peace.
“Ask and It Is Given: Learning to Manifest Your Desires” is a book written by Esther and Jerry Hicks in association with the entity known as Abraham. It introduces the teachings of the non-physical entity Abraham and explains how our emotions are a guidance system for understanding our life journey. The book also describes how we can achieve our desires through alignment with our inner self and the universe.
Much of the book is dedicated to 22 different processes designed to improve one’s emotional and vibrational state, regardless of the current emotional status. This article will focus on the first process – The Rampage of Appreciation.
What is a Rampage of Appreciation?
The Rampage of Appreciation is a process developed by Abraham Hicks, designed to help you uplift your mood, align with the positive energy of the universe, and attract more of what you desire in life. The whole point of a Rampage of Appreciation is to gradually guide your thoughts in a more positive direction, which in turn helps you align with the Universe’s positive energy. This process is about raising your vibrations to match your desires, attracting more of what you want into your life.
Where on the Emotional Guidance Scale Should You Be to Use this Process?
The Rampage of Appreciation process can be beneficial at various points on the Emotional Guidance Scale. It’s particularly useful when you’re already in a positive state of mind. In Ask and It Is Given, Abraham says this process is most helpful when you are between 1) Joy / Knowledge / Empowerment / Freedom / Love / Appreciation and 5) Optimism.
The process involves finding and focusing on positive thoughts, so if you’re starting from a place of very low vibration emotions such as despair, grief, or fear, it might be challenging to leap directly to a state of appreciation. If you are on the lower end of the Emotional Guidance scale, there will be too much resistance for you to utilize this process effectively.
However, if you’re in a more neutral or slightly positive emotional state – such as contentment, hope, optimism, or even boredom – the Rampage of Appreciation can be an effective tool to elevate your mood and align with higher vibrational emotions like joy, appreciation, love, and freedom.
Keep in mind it’s always important to be gentle with yourself. If you’re feeling low and a Rampage of Appreciation feels too far a stretch, it’s okay. You might find other processes, like meditation, more appropriate. Remember, the goal is always to reach for the best-feeling thought available to you from where you currently are emotionally.
Why Would You Want to Do a Rampage of Appreciation?
Performing a Rampage of Appreciation is like taking your happiness on a joyride! There are several reasons why you might want to give it a try:
- Boost Positive Emotions: By actively focusing on things you appreciate, you invite more positive emotions into your life. This process can turn a ‘good’ day into a ‘great’ one!
- Attract More Good: According to the law of attraction, like attracts like. When you appreciate what you have, you emit positive vibrations that can attract more good things into your life.
- Raise Your Vibration: The more you engage in this process, the higher your vibrational frequency becomes. Higher vibrations are associated with feelings like joy, love, and freedom, making you feel more alive and connected to your desires.
- Manifest Desires: When you’re in a state of appreciation, you align with your true self and desires. This state can speed up the manifestation process, helping realize your desires.
Something to Consider Before Doing the Rampage of Appreciation Process
A “rampage of appreciation” should be practiced under the right circumstances to be effective. It’s important to remember that a rampage is not a tool to lower resistance it can actually heighten it, especially if it feels like you’re trying too hard.
The key to a successful rampage of appreciation lies in its appropriateness and timing. It is most productive when there’s a positive momentum around a certain subject, meaning no resistance is associated with it.
For instance, if you’re dealing with a strong desire that’s also heavily resisted (I’ve wanted this for a long, long, long time), a rampage won’t necessarily bring you closer to achieving it. On the other hand, if you have a strong desire with no resistance, it’s likely to manifest quickly.
Even a mild desire that lacks resistance can gain momentum over time, becoming stronger and more significant. This kind of desire represents the ideal state to start a rampage of appreciation – a state of soft (or mild) desire and no resistance.
So, instead of pushing for a rampage on things you intensely desire but aren’t materializing, starting gently with more general and non-resisted subjects is recommended. The goal is to find joy and let the universe deliver your rampage rather than trying to force it.
Ultimately, the practice of appreciation should lead you to a relaxed state, where you can feel good without trying to force anything. The key is to embrace the journey, appreciate the positive aspects, and let the process unfold naturally.
How Do You Know If You Have a Resisitant Vibe?
Resistance, in the context of the Law of Attraction, refers to any thought, belief, or emotion not aligned with your desire or goal. It essentially refers to anything that inhibits or slows down the realization of what you want. Here are some examples of what could constitute resistance:
- Doubt: If you have a desire but continually doubt its manifestation, that doubt serves as resistance.
- Negative beliefs: Beliefs such as “I’m not deserving enough” or “I’m not good enough” can significantly resist your desires.
- Fear: Fear of failure, fear of success, fear of change, or any form of fear related to your desire can create resistance.
- Anxiety or Stress: It can slow down the manifestation process if you’re anxious or stressed about achieving your goal or desire.
- Impatience: Impatience, or wanting your desire to manifest immediately, can create resistance because it indicates a lack of trust in the process.
- Focusing on the lack: Continually focusing on the absence or lack of your desire can create resistance.
- Negative emotions: Any negative emotion (anger, sadness, guilt, etc.) can create resistance.
- Attachment to a specific outcome: Being too attached to a specific outcome or wanting things to happen in a specific way can create resistance because it limits the universe’s ability to deliver what you desire in the best possible way.
By identifying and releasing these forms of resistance, you can create a clear pathway for your desires to manifest. It’s about aligning your thoughts and emotions with your desires, thus creating a state of allowing rather than resisting.
So, if the subject you are considering rampaging about has any of these vibes attached to it, a rampage of appreciation isn’t the process for you now.
How to Do a Rampage of Appreciation
A rampage of appreciation is a wonderful way to elevate your mood, celebrate your life, and help attract more positive experiences. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
- Start in a Positive Place: Begin your rampage of appreciation when you’re feeling good. This could be after a meditation, workout, or any other activity that puts you in a positive state of mind.
- Pick a Positive Subject: Choose a subject that already has positive momentum for you. This could be anything you appreciate or feel good about. It could be as simple as a sunny day or as significant as a relationship.
- Begin Appreciating: Start expressing your appreciation for the chosen subject. Describe what you love about it, why it makes you happy, and how it improves your life. You can either write it down or say it out loud.
- Build Momentum: Continue to build upon your feelings of appreciation. As one thought leads to another, let your appreciation grow and expand. Each statement should be more positive than the last.
- Ride the Wave: Enjoy the positive energy you’re creating. Bask in appreciation and happiness, and let them permeate your entire being.
- Be Consistent: Make this a regular practice. The more frequently you do it, the easier it gets and the more powerful the results.
I really want to have a rampage of worthiness, appreciation and joy for us, for all of us. I appreciate you, Abraham, for giving us more knowledge about deliberate creation.
I like knowing about the laws of the universe because in knowing about them, I understand what’s going on.
I like knowing that I existed before I came into this physical body because it makes more sense about why I’m here.
I like knowing that contrast is a good thing because it explains all the schmucks that are around me.
I like knowing that contrast is a good thing because I like the feeling of being out of alignment so that I know that I’m in alignment, so that I know that I’m out of alignment, so that I know that I’m in alignment.
I’ve enjoyed getting my sea legs and I like knowing that all of this is there for me to choose.
I like knowing that there’s a difference between the phase in my life when I’m exploring contrast and finding things that I want and don’t want within it and the difference in vibration between the vibration of asking and the vibration of letting it in.
I like knowing that when I’m asking, I’m a different vibration than when I’m letting it in.
I like understanding that the question has a different vibration than the answer and that the problem has a different vibration than the solution.
But what I love most is knowing that I couldn’t have the ecstasy of the solution without having the experience of the problem.
Without a question, without life that causes me to know that there’s more and not quite be able to find it, I couldn’t feel the satisfaction when I do find it.
I love knowing the eternal nature of my being. It makes this moment in time more delicious.
Before I understood the eternal nature of my being, then it felt like every moment had to be urgent because it felt like I needed to be proving something because I didn’t know that I was timeless and endless and eternal. So it felt like I had to just be hard after it all the time, which I think is where struggle and all of that stuff comes from.
But now we’re speaking from your perspective.
Now that I understand that it’s about this continual eternal state of becoming, now I can relax and start enjoying more of the moments.
It feels so good to be a part of this never ending, ongoing expansion upward and outward to all that is good.
I love understanding that here in this physical body, where the contrast exists that is so valuable and the contrast that is so valuable causes the expansion and the asking for more.
I love knowing that when I reemerge into non-physical, that any of that struggle or contrast is left behind and that what I become and what I singularly then focus upon is all that I’ve asked for.
In other words, the contrast produced the nugget of expansion and I get it that non-physical is only focused upon that.
I now understand this cycle of life.
I understand that there are places for me to play as non-physical consciousness and I know that there is a place for me to play as physical consciousness.
And now maybe for the first time, I understand the union between the two and I understand that what is physical is also non-physical and what is non-physical is also physical.
So I understand that in all that quest for goodness and non-physicalness and heaven that I’ve always been reaching for, that all of that is right here with me, right here, out here on this leading edge in this physical experience.
Now, shortage consciousness doesn’t exist within me because I understand that I can be or do or have anything that I choose.
The comparative consciousness doesn’t matter so much either because some may be choosing something different than I choose but there’s no right or wrong in the choosing of the different approaches to life experience.
I like most of all understanding that as we all fit together, that we all come from, and most recently, from this energy of pure positive love consciousness.
And when I don’t do that thing, I sometimes do, which disallows me from feeling that but when instead I quiet my mind or I focus in a way that is pleasing to me and I allow my vibration to rise and I feel the fullness of all that I am, under those conditions, it makes me feel so good as I focus into the conditional world, the conditional world of physical manifestation.
I believe, we’re speaking from your point of view, that I have found the perfect blend of non-physical and physical or non-conditional and conditional.
I now understand that we are here in these bodies exploring the details in such a way that we are literally taking thought beyond what it has been before.
I get it that this time and space with all of its manifestations are as spiritual and as holy and as righteous and as godlike as it can become.
I no longer have this feeling that I need to separate the secular physical world from the spiritual non-physical world.
I get it that it’s all mixed in here together.
Most of all I understand that I am an extension of Source Energy in physical form and that the physicalness of that which I am about is the manifestation of the spirit that is really who I am.
I finally get it.
Religion is fine. It’s not something that I now loathe.
I get it that people are trying to find their place in all of this.
I just like it that I now understand my eternal place in all of this.
I like knowing that Source loves me and I really, really, really, really, really, really, really like to be loved.
But even more, speaking from your perspective, I like to love.
I like the feeling of love flowing through me.
And I want to be more inner being like because I know that my inner being doesn’t need other humans to be likable in order for them to like them or love them. And that’s the thing that I’m working on all day every day.
I’m wanting to flow the love that is natural to me whether the object of my attention is lovable or not.
Which means I’ve accomplished this in two ways.
I’ve become a really good selective sifter because I can look around and find lovable things everywhere.
But the thing that has served me the most is that I don’t need a lovable condition in order to love. Because I know how to tap into the energy that is love.
Whether I’m right now in this red-hot minute looking at anything that is that lovable or not.
Because I understand.
Here it is.
There’s step one and there’s step three.
And step one hardly ever loves.
It just asks for it.
Step one is really the step where I ask for something to like or love.
Step three is the step where I’m loving it; where I’m being it.
Pretty good rampage?
Navigating Potential Challenges and Misunderstandings with the Rampage of Appreciation
Implementing the Rampage of Appreciation can offer a transformative shift in your emotional state and overall perspective, especially when you’re between 1 and 5 on the emotional scale. However, a clear understanding of what this process entails and its potential challenges can amplify its benefits. Here are some common misunderstandings and challenges:
- Misunderstanding: ‘The Rampage of Appreciation is a quick fix’: This process does not solve deeply negative emotions immediately. Instead, it’s a tool to elevate your mood and energy when you’re already in a moderately positive or neutral state. It can amplify feelings of joy, empowerment, freedom, love, and appreciation but might not be as effective if attempted during periods of negative emotions.
- Challenge: ‘I’m struggling to feel appreciative’: Even when you’re in a relatively positive state, there might be moments when you find it difficult to tap into feelings of appreciation. In these moments, it could be beneficial to start with simpler, more accessible points of gratitude. Acknowledging the beauty of a clear sky or the taste of your morning coffee can build momentum toward greater appreciation.
- Misunderstanding: ‘It should lead to instant manifestation’: While the Rampage of Appreciation can accelerate the manifestation process by aligning your vibrations with your desires, it’s not designed to bring about immediate results. It’s important to practice patience and trust in the timing of the Universe. Remember, it’s a process of growth and alignment, not a magic spell.
- Challenge: ‘Maintaining the positive energy feels exhausting’: If you’re finding it hard to sustain the positive energy from the Rampage of Appreciation, remember that it’s okay to have ups and downs. The goal is not to remain in a state of heightened positivity at all times but to use this tool when you’re in the right emotional state to gently guide your emotions upwards.
By comprehending these potential challenges and misunderstandings, you can better utilize the Rampage of Appreciation as a constructive tool for fostering positivity, alignment, and manifestation.